Conversations: Breaking the Blue Ceiling
As a campus that serves our local Washington, DC, community as well as the nation, the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum’s first priority remains the health, safety, and security of the people that attend our programs. As we monitor news about the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we are taking a measured response to mitigate risk and have made the decision to postpone our special event, “Breaking the Blue Ceiling,” scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, 2020. We will reach out to our community when a new date is confirmed. Updates will also be posted on our Facebook event page as well as our website.
Reception 6 pm | Program 7 pm
Engage with a high-profile panel of women and men in law enforcement to discuss the challenges of recruiting, retaining, and advancing female officers, and the unique experiences that women face in their roles to serve and protect.
Panelists for this informative discussion are slated to include:
- Regina Lombardo, Acting Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), United States Department of Justice
- Jim Dinkins, President, Thomson Reuters Special Services
- Melissa Hyatt, Chief of Police, Baltimore County, Maryland
- Diane Sabatino, Director, Field Operations, Miami and Tampa Field Offices, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Kristen Ziman, Chief of Police, Aurora Police, Aurora, Illinois; Vice President, IACP
$10 registration fee includes museum entry, reception, and program.
This program was generously sponsored by: